Note: This product review is based on our own experience and our own experimentation in figuring out whether or not this product works. I take my product review seriously and I do not lie. What you see in these photos are real. My witness is my dear husband who is a Science teacher and was a skeptic (so was I). After performing the test, we are convinced that this product works. We are very impressed!
Are you tired of buying fruits and vegetables that spoil quickly than you can eat it (what a waste of money) and in dire need of help? Stick around and read my own experience about a product that I recently discovered called the BluApple. It is no secret that my family eats vegetables and fruits and like many other families, we are also tired of wasting our money by throwing away spoiled produce. We can't eat all the fruits and vegetables in just one setting so we rely on our refrigerator to keep it fresh long enough to eat it all. Lucky for me, I learned about BluApple. When BluApple agreed on working with me and sent me their product for a review, I must admit I was a skeptic, but interested. And so was my husband. His first prediction was "it's not going to work". I told him the only way to find out is to test it ourselves and we started thinking of ways to prove whether BluApple product works or not. Before I go on with my product review, let's find out first what is this product all about. What is BluApple and what does it do? Below are some information.
What Does The BluApple Do?
- Using the BluApple, you can extend the useful storage life of your produce up to three times longer.
- Government experts have estimated a typical family of four throws away as much as $600 worth of spoiled produce each year.
- Ethylene gas is given off naturally by fruits and vegetables as a signaling mechanism in order to coordinate uniform ripening. However, once concentrated in your refrigerator or other storage areas, the presence of ethylene gas continues to speed up ripening and hasten spoilage. - source: BluApple
What Is Inside The BluApple?
- The makers of BluApple uses Zeolite, which is a pure form of ancient ash that has a very high crystalline surface area, providing an ideal substrate for the ethylene gas oxidation to occur.
- Natural Zeolite is often used as an odor absorber and a humidity stabilizer in refrigerators, closets and automobiles. The very high surface area traps molecules and absorbs water when humidity is too high- releasing it back to the atmosphere when it gets too dry.
- The Zeolite used in BluApple serves those purposes as well, but its primary function is to remove ethylene gas from the produce bin. - source: BluApple
If you are confused on what you just read about the BluApple product, then continue reading my review. Shall we? I am no scientist or an expert either, but all I know is that this product works really well for us. Here's what we did.
About two weeks ago we bought some produce to use for our own experimentation and we had broccoli, Bok Choy, and a head of lettuce. I didn't have photos of the lettuce a few days after using the BluApple because I accidentally deleted the ones in my camera thinking I already saved it on my computer. When doing the test, we also had to consider to buy the produce at the same time and has the same freshness so we can come up with a fair result. We decided to divide the Bok Choy into two, halved the head of the lettuce into two and divide the broccoli into two as well. Everything was bought at the same time and has the same freshness and placed in the crisper. It is easy to use the BluApple product. All you do is take it out of the package, placed it in your crisper, your fruit basket or wherever you store your fruits and vegetables and let it do it's own thing.
As you can see on the photo below, to the left is where we placed the BluApple product, and to the right without it. And as you scroll down, you can see the difference between the two Bok Choy and the two broccoli in just five days.
What a huge difference between the two Bok Choy. The one to the left still has life to it and looks fresh, while the other one to the right had already wilted.
And the broccoli. Remember, the two broccoli comes from the same bunch and we just divided it into two. When you look closer, the top of the broccoli on the left already had discoloration or browning, while the broccoli to the right still looks greener.
With these two tests done, we were already convinced that the BluApple works, and we are glad for the opportunity given to sample their wonderful product. From now on, no more throwing away spoiled veggies and fruits, but to enjoy eating them. If you may ask how long does the BluApple works, read below.
And yes, I had to take a photo of the inside of our messy refrigerator so you can see where I put the produce and the BluApple product.
We thank you so much, BluApple. We love your product! My family can now save some money while we enjoy eating our fruits and vegetables without it going to waste. I think I pretty much covered the information you want to know about the BluApple, but if you want to find out more about the product, you can visit the website at http://www.thebluapple.com/.
For more update:
Like BluApple on Facebook:
Take note: The makers of the BluApple recommend that consumers recycle the spent Zeolite by sprinkling it onto flowers and plants in the household. Zeolite is a natural soil and the MnO2 provides trace minerals to the soil, making it a good fertilizer.